Lampshade size guide.
I appreciate that it is a difficult decision selecting the right size shade for your home or as a gift especially with such a wide variety of shades available.
Here are some tips to help you select the right shade:
You need to consider the size of your lamp base, you need to get the proportions right, general rule of thumb
- Height of the shade is generally ¾ height of the base. The bottom of the shade should be wider than the widest part of the base.
- Floor lamps generally take a 40cm (16”) or a 45cm (18”) shade or larger depending on the base.
- Consider the base, the base can effect the overall look of the lamp if the base is bold in colour you may want a muted shade to compliment and not clash and vice versa if base is plain and simple you can consider a decorative or bold statement shade.
- Individuality can often result in unexpected surprises and it reflects your character and a distinctive style in your home. So, don’t be afraid of colour or bold prints
- Latest Trends, be careful as these can be seasonal & can come and go quite quickly, consider the longevity of the shade and the versatility it’s great to be able to move the lampshades around your home.
These are only guidelines and occasionally you will come across a lamp will call for an oversize shade or a smaller than regular size shade ……….and always remember
RULES WHERE MADE TO BE BROKEN.
I am happy to help you select the right shade for your home or as a gift, so please contact me if you need further assistance.
General size guide to help you select the right shade
|30cm x 21cm high||Medium – suitable for Table / Ceiling|
|30cm x 30cm high||Medium – suitable for Table / Ceiling|
|35cm x 21cm high||Medium – suitable for Table / Ceiling|
|40cm x 25cm high||Medium – suitable for table Tamp / Ceiling Floor Lamp|
|45cm x 25cm high
55cm x 25cm high
|Large – suitable for Floor lamp or Ceiling pendant|
|70cm x 25cm high||XL – suitable for Ceiling pendant for large room, hall or commercial use.|
*Shades can be customised, height of shades can be altered. Trims and decorative embellishments can be added to the shades.